ABOUT THE BIBLE: 2 Peter 1:20-21; Romans 16:25-26
- The Word of God is final authority in determining all truths.
- Written by human authors under the Holy Spirit’s guidance.
- Because God inspires it, it is the truth without error.
ABOUT GOD: Genesis 1:26-27; Psalms 90:2; Matthew 28:19
- God is the Creator.
- One God, eternally existent in three co-equal persons: Father, Son, Holy Spirit.
ABOUT JESUS CHRIST: Matthew 1:22-23; John 1:1-5; 1:14; 14:10-31; 1 Timothy 3:16; Isaiah 9:6
- Jesus Christ is the Son of God
- On earth, was all God and all man
- Born of a virgin
- Sinless life
- Perfect sacrifice for our sins, dying on the cross
- Arose from the dead to demonstrate power over sin and death
- Ascended to Heaven and will return again someday and reign as King
ABOUT THE HOLY SPIRIT: Joel 2:28-29; Matthew 3:11; Mark 16:17; Acts 1:5; 2:1-4, 17, 38-39, 8:14-17; 10:38, 44-47, 11:15-17, 19:1-6
- Given at Pentecost and still with us today
- He is the promise of the Father
- Sent by Jesus after His Ascension to empower the Church to preach the Gospel throughout the whole earth
ABOUT PEOPLE: Genesis 1:27; Psalms 8:3-6; Romans 3:23; Isaiah 59:1-2
- Originally made in the image of God, to be like Him in character
- All have been born with a sin nature that separates us from God until we receive Christ
ABOUT ETERNITY: Matthew 25:34 & 41; John 3:16; Romans 6:23; 8:17-18; 2 Corinthians 5:1; Ephesians 2:5-8; Revelation 20:15
- All people will either exist eternally separated from God by sin in Hell or eternally with God through forgiveness and salvation through Jesus Christ in Heaven.